Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Healthy Shredded Wheat Snack

I love healthy recipes that taste good and this is one of them. I've always liked shredded wheat, particularly the bite-sized Bran n Wheat. When Mr D and I went grain-free, this is what I missed the most. I've made this twice for special occasions and both times the scales went up so this must be a once-in-a-blue-moon recipe for us as I'm the fondest of it! This recipe came from my friend Iva - don't you just love friends for recipes among the other obvious things?! The recipe came with out a title, so I'll just call it...


Shredded Wheat Delight

1 large box of Shredded Wheat

1 c. butter, melted
2tsp. Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1-2 c. pecan halves
mix the above ingredients before adding to shredded wheat and mix thoroughly
bake @ 250 for 20-30 min., stirring once

* shredded wheat can be replaced with other chex cereals
* pecans can be replaced with nut of choice 

4 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Sounds like a great snack to have on movie night. We have a lot of those around here.

Leslie's Garden said...

Yum, crunchy and nutty, too. Sounds great!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Mmmm this looks great and a bit healthy too! I will have to try it~Cheers Kim

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your site!

Feel free to visit my web blog Certification In Nutrition

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!