Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Curtains...

I found this perfect fabric - perfect color, perfectly nubby - to make curtains for the dinning room patio door. But alas! there was not enough to do the job. I found it at a fabric outlet so I waited, thinking there might be some more showing up. I waited a year and no luck so finally decided to add another color. I've been intrigued by the striped curtains and decided to give it a shot. I'm mostly pleased with the finished results.
 I added ruffles at the seams - however, if I'd do it over, I'd leave them off.
Closeup of the nubby fabric.
The fabric was inexpensive, the ruffles were easy to do and all-in-all, I'm happy with them!

******************************
I have a "change the furniture and house" bug!
It's finished but more pictures will have to wait till another time.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I like it with the ruffles! They are so pretty. And that nubby fabric is gorgeous. I like your tastes. :)

Anonymous said...

The curtains are great! Love the nubby fabric! Joyce

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

It's the ruffles that I tho't made them special and not your 'run of the mill'. I wouldn't have tho't of them.... Love 'em! You can whip up anything...

Pine Grove Farmhouse said...

I love the look...great job. It looks finished.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Hi Esther~
Those curtains are just wonderful. I'm surprised you would leave the ruffle off! I think they look fabulous.
I haven't gotten the 'change the furniture bug' yet. I hope I catch it soon. I've hit the dol-drums this week!

...take care, Pat

Unknown said...

The curtains looks fabulous. The ruffles made it a little bit girly but that's okay. It still works.
website hosting australia

Unknown said...

I like the curtains with the ruffles.I love the look,Really great job.

Curtains Melbourne

Terry Arnold said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!