No where in scripture do we find the fruit was an apple - it was merely a fruit.
Eve (life-giver) was given her name after God cast them out (Gen 3:20) - she was Woman (taken out of man).
The command to not eat of 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil' was given to Adam before Woman was created, giving the responsibility to Adam alone. Yet Adam, standing by Women (Eve), remained silent.
It was a beautiful place with perfect harmony between God, Adam And Woman. The Garden had two important trees...the tree of life and the tree of knowlege of good and evil. They could eat of every tree but the tree of knowlege of good and evil.
- this beautiful, crafty creature isolted and spoke to Eve, not Adam.
- they had no chance to strengthen each other to choose good.
- he cast doubt on God's motive.
- he contradicted God.
- he focused Eve's attention on desirable ends or 'situation ethics.'
- Satan proposed a mixed good as the end, 'You will become like gods, knowing good from evil.'
- he relied on the appeal of the senses.
It's important to understand this death was more than an end to life.
- it's a terrible distortion of divine order.
- it involves a warping of human personality and a twisting of relationships.
- it alienates us from God.
- the sudden flush of shame as they recognized their nakedness.
- their flight from God
- Adam's refusal to accept responsibilty
- judgement on the earth for man's sake
- most of all, we see death in the anger of Cain, whose bitterness led him to murder his own brother.
- God seeks out the sinning pair
- He clothes the naked pair
- God promoses an Offspring of the woman who would destroy the serpent
Though the rains are past, there are still many people who are in clean up from Tropical Lee. The weather predictions for the upcoming week promises lots of sunshine and cooler weather...yea!