Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The lazy, hazy days of summer!


i love the lazy, hazy days of summer! the rush and energy of spring is over and i can enjoy the work of that season.
to drink in the glory of the morning...
to slow down in the heat of the day...
and to treasure the evenings when the fireflies appear!
I LOVE SUMMER!
today i glanced out my kitchen window just in time to see a man on a wheel chair pushing himself on the walking track...
...i think of his bravery and persistance...
causing me to be grateful for my strong legs that carry me around to where ever i want to go!
it caused me to think about the MANY things i'm grateful for...
my health...
my lover and best friend, my husband...
my five children and their husband/wife...
my sixteen grandchildren...
my friends who encourage me...
the food on our table, the shoes on my feet, the roof i live under!
the most important thing of all...i truly am 'redeemed by grace and truth!' God's truth...God's grace

1 comment:

jansphotos said...

esther, this is so neat! you do a lovely job of presenting your thoughts! which in turn, is a reflection of the beautiful depth within! thanks again for allowing me to drink in this lovely garden of yours, and for the time spent in conversation! you truly do have a ministry, right from your home!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!