Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lightening up Our Entainment Center

Our entertainment center has three sections - the center piece juts out from the two side bookcases on either side of it. Though cherry is not my first choice it is a beautiful piece but the shelf spaces are like an endless place of darkness and the decorations got lost in it. For months I was wanting to do something different that wasn't permanent, i.e., painting. This week I thought of a simple solution that was quick and easy. I measured the backs, cut bead board to fit (because I already had that), primed and decoupaged it with dictionary pages.

I'm pleased with the results. The shelves are adjustable and there was enough space for the boards to fit in behind the shelves.
 Our wedding picture and invitation under a cloche.
 The center shelf with old books and ironstone.
 More old books with flower frogs, a magnifying glass, antique eye glasses, a ceramic apple and wooden shoes.
 The two baskets on both side are children's books for the grands.

Since the backside is bead board, I can interchange it if I want but for now, I'm happy with this easy change!

3 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

That turned out so pretty!
I like how the page are uniform and it makes it easy to see your wonderful treasures.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I'm surprised you didn't paint this like you usually do :) Loving those little 'white' dutch shoes. Miss you.

Wild Oak Designs said...

Simple and creative way to brighten a space! Very clever!
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!