Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stars, Stars and More Stars!

Making these stars is as simple it gets and mindless to boot! I did 'em all by hand, too - not that I wouldn't want a Crikket (see, I don't even know how to spell it!) but I don't do a lot of crafting. Any-hoo...these are easy and slightly addictive and would look wonderful in Christmas trees!

After I took the time to make my own star stencils... 
I found this at a local thrift shop for 75 cents...woo-hoo!
I used sheet music (OF COURSE!) but for directions, plain paper is easier to see. Trace the star with a pencil - it's less noticable than a pen...
and start folding...so easy!
Like so...
on all five points. 
...ta-da, it's that simple!
I used three different sizes...two to five inches. The mercury vases are from TJmax and Home Goods and the doves are from last Christmas season, bought at a small local shop. This display is sitting on the living room bay window and is another peice of my minimal Christmas decorations. 

Link to:

12 comments:

Martha said...

very cute! you KNOW my CRICUT is available for you to use! :):)(chuckle, chuckle)

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I love these... You should stop by and link them up at my first linky party... I would love to have you http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-party1/#comment-2841

Blondie's Journal said...

These are gorgeous!

XO,
Jane

Robin Johnson said...

They are so pretty. I have a weak spot for stars so I'm hoping to find some time tonight to make a few for myself. Thanks

savvycityfarmer said...

I must be waaaay out of the loop ... never heard of cricut!!

lovely lovely idea

please link back to savvycityfarmer

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

LUV it! Great vignette.

Shabby soul said...

I was just looking for how to do these kind of stars!! Thank you so much for explain.
They are so cute!
Silvia

Kerin said...

So charming!
Love how they turned out.
Wouldn't it be great to be able to use them in other seasonal decor ??!!

Have a beautiful week :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I may just have to get cutting a few of these our for my kitchen chandelier. So cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I've always wanted to do these, but thought there was something special about the cut of them! Looks easy.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh, I just love stars and yours are so pretty.
Thanks for the tutorial.
XO Marie

Honey at 2805 said...

What a lovely project! The stars are so pretty!

Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!