I found the idea and instructions at Songbird several years ago and knew I wanted to do them someday. Mr D was gone this week so that 'someday' happened this week. So easy and simple to do! I used wallboard compound instead of plaster because there was a dried-up container of it and I added too much water. I thought of my plastic roses (though I've never seen roses like these...just sayin'!)waiting for me and ta-da, here they are!
- before -
After taking it all apart and swishing them around in the plaster, I placed them on this rack because it was handy...next time I'd use an old oven/grill rack. I used everything - leaves, smaller flowers and buds.
After an overnight drying time, I spray painted them with a primer and will give them a coat of flat paint when I go to HD AGAIN! They look better dull, rather than with a shine which the eggshell will do. This project takes more time than work!
I put them with my painted pumpkins that used to be the typical orange on the living window ledge...
and clustered together on top of a book.
They are a little fragile but can easily be re-plastered. Coolness itself! :)