Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cover Up

I don't have those streamlined, spiffy new front loading washer/dryer sets in our laundry room. I've heard pros and cons about them and I don't know whether I'll choose them the next time around or not. In the meantime, ours show those ugly pipes and spigots. Several years ago, I saw a neat cover up using faux foliage at a friends house. Presto, easy peasy!
- before -
Aim - to conceal the water pipes, spigots, electrical outlets and drain hose.
- after -
Ta-da! I used two different ivies to create a fuller look.
The folks who built this house used an electric dryer - we use propane. I use this cute laundry girl tin to cover up the 220 electric outlet. Then added a bird house, gifted by J and a flea market angel to the mix.

I store oxy-clean in this container with a lovely cup as a dispenser.
Simple and effective!

(PS - every winter I promise myself to paint those cupboards!)


Link parties:

Tuesday's Treasures
Masterpiece Monday
Tuesday Ten

5 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Pretty!
That little angel is sweet, too?

I'd have to put a shelf there instead of putting things right on the machine...our house is unlevel and one false move or my washer starts to dance..the angel, flowers and all would be in a heap on the floor!

~ the tea cup is a nice touch to the Oxy Clean, Pat

Shelly said...

My laundry area needs some TLC and maybe I can incorporate a few of your ideas. The oxy clean jar with cup is lovely!

Shelly said...

Oh, and I love my top-loading maytag washer. I got used to the front loaders when I still lived home with my parents, and even tho it was one of the best in that line, I still wasn't sure if I'd ever want one for myself. Maybe one day with a huge family, but for now, my machine works wonders and gets stuff clean and smelling great! :)

Passionate for White said...

Clever and oh-so-pretty idea!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! You did a great job of concealing them!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!