Friday, July 8, 2011

The Red Hat Ladies Came!

Several months ago a long-time friend asked if I'd do a tea for her Red Hat group. The tea was last evening. The day started out brilliantly but ended up with a thunderstorm rumbling through the county right before the planned dinner hour - and yes, we were going to eat outside. But we need the rain and the group of eleven fit into the dinning room perfectly. What a fun evening - these ladies pack a mean 'WOW!' and there was lots of laughter! While I did the finishing touches, they roamed the gardens.
 Sue, in the purple top was in charge of the group.
The recipe for this delicious salad can be found HERE.
Two lovely things happened last evening - I made new friends and it made the appeal of being a Red Hatter myself very appealing! I also learned if one is below fifty years in age, the appropriate colors are pink and lavender.

I was too tired to clean up the kitchen last evening but was up this morning at 5:30 to do it...cousin Sue, should I have given you a call then? :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like you had fun and that is a very good thing!
Hugs, Cindy

TamB said...

Thank you for having us silly red/pink hat ladies. Everything was absolutely wonderful. I made two of your brick columns for my patio and love it! God has given you an amazing talent and I am so glad I got to experience it.
Thanks again, Tammie

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!