Tuesday, November 2, 2010

mirror, mirror on the wall...

several months ago i picked up a triple dresser mirror at GW.
what's a shabby chic gal to do but give it her favorite treatment?
here she is in her cherry glory with all her fine details!

i usually brush paint but decided to spay paint this time -
Rust-oleum Ultra Cover x2
SATIN
heirloom white...
HOW I LOVE THEE!
you did a fab job and saved a lot of time!
i sanded her
 (though i kinda wished i hadn't),
rubbed stain on and off her,
  waxed her with Minwax Paste Finishing Wax
(first time for me but i'm hooked!).

here she is -
looking properly aged, hung up and beautiful!
(never mind the doorbell peering in over her shoulder, we didn't build this house!)


and i ventured into the music sheet world...
using a small bull's eye mirror for the center.
i'm hooked!
 (more music sheet projects coming up!)
spray paint party

...blessedness!

ox

(linking to Picket Fence, Time Travel Thursday)

5 comments:

MessyMissy said...

Gorgeous!! Love the look of the mirror and the nice glazing. The sheet music is (as always) lovely.

Meg said...

Oooh, I love the aged look! It's my favorite! You did a wonderful job! Great wreath, too!!!

Biljana said...

I love shabby, so gorgeous:))
Great job, bravo.
Greetings from Europe, Biljana

Brambleberry Cottage said...

It is absolutely beautiful, Esther. Paint works such wonders to transform the mundane to the marvelous!

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week. I'll be spotlighting your transformation in tonight's showcase.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful transformation. Your mirror is SO lovely. Your music sheet wreath is also lovely, I am going to make one of those!
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!