Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Musings


...gor-ge-ous weather with touches of fall...
...makes for a fabulous walk! 

hubs had a local bus run, driving the huyard family for their 'roots tour' of lancaster county - the matriarch is the oldest living amish person in this county...

*****************


saturday evening we, along with my brother ed and his wife ruth, ate at apple bees...
...fun time!

...the hubs were silly!
...mine on the l, ed on the r...

...we took adavantage of the 'two for twenty' deal...

...yummy appetizers...

...and dessert...

...blond brownie w/ maple sauce!


...here we are...
...we so enjoyed our meals of shrimp, ribs and chicken...
...i forgot to snap pics...

****************

our worship was centered around honoring our past small group leaders by giving them a blessing for investing in our lives...

...a nugget from the mini sermon...

God is perfect...
perfect love...
perfect justice...
perfect mercy...
perfect grace...
...one gets the picture...
too often i get really disturbed at the injustices of life - then i rest in the truth that God is the perfect judge and He will balance the scales and will make all things perfect...

i'm comforted!

...blessedness to all!

ox

1 comment:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

"He will balance the scales and make all things perfect".... It brought tears to my eyes. I, too, wonder about the inequities of life. This put a period at the end of my question. Thank you so much for this meaningful post. I'm going to remember this one forever....

Thanks for coming to visit! Oh yes....my little cottage bulges at the seams. I just don't seem to have a minimalist bone in my body...and no empty spaces, that's for certain! I hope you get your little chair. If not, I'll bet you run into another!

Hugs to you sweet one...

Spencer

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!