Monday, September 17, 2012

Sunday Service

Our church had baptism services yesterday - six young souls put a stake in the ground as a committment  and a testimony to their love for God. As always, I am moved to tears on this occasion. The potential that is represented here and the responsibility as a body of believers that is promised to walk along side of them...

Yesterday Mr D wasn't feeling well. It started on our way to church and it was a 'new' symptom. During the praise and worship '10,000 Reasons' by Matt Redman was sung. The words were comforting and sobering in a significant way to me.

10,000 Reasons

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning,
It's time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me,
Let me be singing when the evening comes.

You're rich in love and You're slow to anger,
Your name is great and Your heart is kind. 
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing,
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

And on that day when my stregnth is failing,
The end draws near and my time has come,
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore!

{chorus}

Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul,
Worship His holy name.
  Sing like never before, O my soul'
I'll worship Your holy name! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is Good!!!!!
that chorus was running thru my head last wk during some trying times for me also.

Kathy said...

So beautiful.
I just started attending a Baptist church, I am enjoying it so. God bless...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the inspirational message! I LOVE that song and it's wonderful to remember during our trying times. We have to put our trust in God and keep the faith. It's lovely to surround ourselves with beauty and your blog and pictures are instrumental to that end.
Thanks, Betsy

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!