Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday Worship


Several months ago Pastor Mark spoke on taking the time to 'sit at the feet of Jesus.' Out of this message, he birthed the idea to come early and do just this in the sanctuary. The soft music and soft lighting is very conducive to prepare for worship, a time to pray, a time to look inside at self.

Yesterday, a friend and I did a prayer walk around the room, praying for ourselves, praying for the hurting, praying for loved ones who are going through a hard time. I don't know what it did for my friend but I do know what it did for me!

- Message from the pulpit -

Seeing the Glory of God
Exodus 33

- do I desire to reflect it?
- is my spiritual growth reflective on how I see the glory of God?
- do I nibble too much at the wrong things so that I am too 'stuffed' to see it?

*****************************

It rained! It rained in steady drumbeats all. day. long. Just the kind of rain we were needing! Today is more than chilly but not cold, cold...in Pennsylvania Dutch, we have a very fitting word for it - it's 'lepp-ish'' and that describes the weather today perfectly!

Today, I will be inside in recovery from several weeks of working outdoor in wonderful weather!

1 comment:

Chenille Cottage said...

Such a lovely post, Esther...It is such a privilege to sit at the feet of Jesus in prayer. Yes, prayer does change things...things that seem impossible, otherwise!
Blessings, my friend,
Carolynn..."Chenille Cottage"

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!