Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Lovely Coffee Filter Project

I saw this on a blog and loved the idea (oh help! will my blogger friend contact me to get the credit!)! Several days later I found a stamp at our local thrift shop for a buck fifty and even though it isn't in French, it is a lovely script and a lovely verse. Needless to say, I was delighted! All it takes is a brayer, ink, coffee filter and a stamp. It's the first EVER stamp project for me! I discovered it's easier to ink the stamp and press the coffee filter on it with my hands, centering it, then doing the outside edges. Easy-peasy!
PLEASE, do not leave this unattended! The paper gets warm and the votive hot. The candle was in the votive already and it's possible a tea light may not get quite as hot - just don't leave it alone. Such a lovely idea for Christmas!

Edited: Cottage Living suggested battery candles which is a great idea! Thanks, Mariaelena!

Featured!

Inspiration-party-button

Speaking of Christmas...I was at Wal-Mart this morning and Breath of Heaven was coming over the speakers - LOVE this song!

Linking to:


Simply Christmas

17 comments:

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I can't believe how gorgeous a coffee filter can become! Lovely!

Visit from The Brambleberry Cottage

I hope you'll drop in and visit me at Knick of Time Interiors and enter my giveaway of a Canvas Photo Print.

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors

Recaptured Charm said...

That is REALLY pretty !! Very creative.

A Few Pennies said...

That is awesome--looks so elegant with the candle glowing!

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Pretty light!

Pamela said...

LOVE this! But what is the roller for?? Thanx for coming to the party!

Mariaelena said...

totally doing this soon!!!...maybe with one of those battery operated candles..then no worries...even though I LOVE real candles better...thanks for sharing...Mariaelena

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I saw this too and had forgot about it.Thanks for another reminder.Looks great! A dollar stamp lucky Lady~Cheers Kim

The Corson Cottage said...

I've never seen this done before. These are lovely! Great job. I hope you'll stop by The Corson Cottage and share these at our {Home for the Holidays} link party every Friday in December. Carrie

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Oh how pretty!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This IS beautiful! I think that a battery operated tea light would be perfect in this! I'm pinning it to my Christmas Board! Thanks for sharing -- it's lovely!

Ann said...

This is so pretty--nice ambiance for any room, especially at holiday time.

Shannon said...

Ohhh! I have never seen this version of a coffee filter pretty! How lovely! The script! Oh!
Shannon
www.akadesign.ca

Bonitajane said...

How clever and creative! Very pretty! Thank you for sharing.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wow - a coffee filter! Great transformation.

I'd love for you to share this project over at my Inspiration Party at Simply Christmas ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday.html

Christine said...

Wow, that's a great idea! It totally doesn't look like a coffee filter now....

Just this... Alice said...

Amazing. A must try for me. Thanks for sharing!

Junk to Gems said...

Very pretty! I know what I am doing tomorrow :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!