we had a quiet week end and a wonderful spring day yesterday!
Different, Unique and Married
Blending to Form a Winning Team
Basic Human Needs- deep longings of the heart.
these are like a three-legged stool
and if one is damaged it creates an off balance in all of our relationships.
A. Belongingness (intimacy)
- acceptance - cared for, wanted
- rejection - causes anger, no sense of belonging
B. Worth (important)
- value - i count, liked, important
- worthlessness - i'm a big mistake, feeling shame and guilt
C. Competence (i know i have what it takes)
- courage - i can do this
- hopelessness - fearful, withdrawn, we cover up
Destroyers of Our Basic Human Need
- sexual and can be through touch or exposure to
- abuse can also be verbal, emotional, spiritual
B. Absent or Neglect
3. Our Wounds
$. What it Takes
- empathy - understaning another's pain
- validation - to establish value
One moment of patience may ward of disaster.
One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.
- A Chinese Proverb