Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Passion Week




This week is Passion Week. The week that changed the world. Eating the Last Supper with His beloved disciples and sharing bread with His betrayer, the one who denied Him, and forsaken by all. His suffering and pain was so intense, a new word was needed to describe it - excruciating. This is the week the Creator was betrayed and crucified by the created.  

 What does Passion Week have to do with me - today? I didn't betray Him for twenty pieces of silver!
Or deny and forsake Him. I wasn't there!

But wait! What about the times I was silent when I should have spoken? Or the times I  refused to take that moment of time to make a difference? Or when I say one thing but my life shows something else?

Oh God...I was there! I betrayed and denied Him! I was there when He was beaten and spat on. I lifted the hammer to pound those nails in! Yes, it was my wrong, my sin, in that bitter, bitter cup He drank - when even You needed to turn away from Him because You are holy and sin cannot be in Your presence!
In my head, I can hear how terrible that cry must have sounded,
 'My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?!'

And so the innocent needed to pay the price so I can be free - free from sin, free from the power of the Evil One who wants to destroy all things beautiful! I am a redeemed princess delivered from the power of darkness! Is life perfect and without problems? No...but I have a promise that I'll never be alone again!

As I mull over this Passion Week of the ultimate sacrifice of redemption, I want my heart to be filled with a renewed love for my Jesus - to be humbled by that love that took Him all the way to the Cross! For it to make a difference  in my life...to live in the power of the resurrection!

4 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

yes, we so thankful for this mercy, grace and LOVE! Have a joyful Resurrection Sunday celebration!
Rene

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

How the Father must rejoice in your heart. The Power of the Resurrection - yes I want to claim that too!

Dianne said...

Esther

You said it beautifully and truthfully! May God bless you this Easter and always.

Cindy said...

Yes, it was my sin, too! I am so thankful for a chance to start over, the Resurrection offers me that chance for new life! Thank you, Jesus!
Have a beautiful Easter weekend.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!