Wednesday, February 23, 2011

my first spring project in the garden

Hi girls, spring is just around the corner! Last week we had two warm days, melting most of the snow that's been around for some weeks. It felt  so good! When the weather warms up enough, I'm out there, usually in the afternoon. Friday afternoon I gave the vine in the back of the house a much-needed haircut and swept the debrie off the deck floor - I can't wait to wash it down!

- before -
- after -

I couldn't find a summer picture of this vine - I think I accidently deleted it - but will defininetly do a post on it when it's in bloom...the flowers are cute and smell fabulous!

The chinnock winds don't blow until March but these two days were a real treat! A cold front blew in overnight and it turned cold and Tuesday morning we woke up to 4-5" of snow and more cold. But it won't be long when the spring work begins...my fingers are itching to feel the dirt! Let's get crackin,' girls! :)

...happy gardening!

1 comment:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

After a long, cold winter, don't you just love working in the garden the first few days of temperate weather? It gives hope that new birth is right around the corner. ;)

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!