Monday, December 6, 2010

week end musings


the Christmas House Tour is o-verrr...
now i can sit back with folded hands! do something else besides de-cor!
it was interesting meeting the folks who came through -
especially the ones i knew...
and i was exhausted!
for some reason,
the six hours seemed long.
i'll do a picture post later this week.

*************************
- from the pulpit -
Seeing people with a fresh look...

I see..
I stop...
I enter...
I respond.

Do I have something to offer?
Do I seize the opportunity?
Am I willing to move into their lives?
Do I see others as God does?
Can I look beyond my program?

Oh, the excuses we make!
- no time
- I have an appointment
- what about my agenda?

God, cause me to truly SEE others through YOUR eyes!

******************

speaking of church...
we serve a meal the first and third Sunday of each month.
yesterday, i took a recipe that came from DIL M.
instead of serving it as a pie, i served it in a 9x13 pan.
i hate doing pie crusts!

i'm a messy food prepare-er.
in making this simple recipe, i used...
two 8 cup measuring bowl
three regular spoons
four spatulas
one whisk
one hand mixer
one mixing bowl
one knife
...all to make this simple, delicious dessert!

theses are the amounts to make a 9x13 pan instead of a pie...
3 boxes chocolate pudding
4 1/2 cups milk
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
16 oz cool whip
candy of choice...i used peanut butter cups.
you'll find the how-to at her blog.

the whisk i used wasn't large enough and left a lot of some lumps.
i dumped two heaping tablespoons of chopped up chocolate in the mix to disguise the lumps -
must have been successful as the dessert was wiped out till we got to the food line,
and i didn't see any thrown away! :)
just goes to show how chocolate and peanut butter can fool anyone!

truly,
GO. TO. HER. blog!
it's like having her simple but delicious cookbook free at your finger tips
all the time!
if you don't have a blog and want to compliment her,
click on anonymous to leave a comment...
she'd love that!
(disclaimer - she does not know i'm posting this promotion!)


...blessedness!

ox

1 comment:

Erin said...

This looks terrific!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!