Wednesday, February 3, 2010

blah to bling!

I picked up this picture a while back at GW for the frame, knowing someday I would be painting and sanding it. In the meanwhile, it was stored in odd places, mostly for lack of a suitable place to hang it as it didn't fit in with my shabby chic decor as well as not really liking the picture in it...(too, too whatever).


Then I found this poster at the same GW a long time later.


So, while I kinda hunted around for an appropiate frame for the poster, I walked past the framed too, too much picture and had an 'ah-ha' moment...perfectooo! I painted it with the intent of sanding it as usual, but in the meanwhile, I kept coming across other blogs that were using stain so I took the risk plunge and stained it. I must say, I was delighted with the results!


before and after


cost?

original cost of picture
actual cost at GW - $2.95
$3.95 for poster

gotta love it!


...blessedness!

ox

linking up with frugal friday.
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comment:

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Like you, the first picture didn't do much for me. But oh, how I love the second one! And with your frame makeover...WOW!

Don't ya just love GW?!

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!