Monday, January 25, 2010

week end musings

...we celebrated Anthony's eleventh birthday saturday evening...


...the ho-ho cake was delicious...
...at least, the part i had -
serena ate the cake - i ate the filling and icing...
...mutual agreement!

                                      ...the girls...                                                                    ...the babies...

************************

Sunday evening was hospitality night for our church where you were either a guest or host - we were hosts this year. It was close enough to Valentine's Day so I chose to do a light valentine's theme. I borrowed the black tablecloths from DIL Martha, who came up with the brainy idea to use at a Christmas dinner. It really looks classy and considering they're single bed sheets from Wal-Mart and are about as cheap as one can get...looks fabulous!
...i know, it's a tad blurry -
and it doesn't really do a good job of the reality...
...but trust me, it was lovely!
...AND...
...it was a wonderful evening of fellowship!

*******************************

- thoughts from the pulpit -

A Life Worth Living

fear keeps us in our comfort zone and we will do anything to protect it
anything that ruffles our feathers or is threatening we reject out of hand
is what i would die for, worth dying for?
would i die for the ideals or causes of others?
am i so busy protecting my life that it's of little value to myself or others?
if i gain the world but lose my soul
of what gain is that?

"For to me to live is Christ, to die is gain."

...dying to myself to gain something else?
what a paradox!

...blessedness!

ox



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!