Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Memories from Cleveland Clinic...

Cleveland clinic is a HUGE place, specializing in heart health. the people who work there are trained to give not only fantastic health care but are especially trained to be compassionate and very caring. If a new worker does not pass that test after three weeks, they are dismissed.

Cleveland is also a city of beautiful architectural buildings...unfortunately, I did not take pictures. our hotel room was six stories up and the view, both day and night was 'city beautiful!' In the daytime, we could see the lake off in the distance and a  variety of lovely roof and building designs...but it was the night lighting that was so fascinating...different shadings, different heights...

We were only several blocks away from the Cleveland State University with its variety of building silhouettes which was especially pretty with night time lighting. Friday evening the Indians had a home game and with every homegame win they celebrate with fire works...gorgeous! 

And of course, our 'night life' at the hotel was 'sister fun!' We had a cot brought in so we each had our own bed (at our age, this works best!). So...me being the youngest, volunteered to sleep on it. the first night, between the thin cot mattress and the noisy ac (and a few other sounds!), my sleep was a little lacking...
(to be fair, my sisters volunteered their turn for the cot!)
The second night's sleep was much better...

And of course, we each brought snacks along...why not?!
Talked about anything and everything...
slept late...
watched a movie...
fun stuff!

Then the brothers came...
Paul was there both days...he won the prize for mischief!

After we ate lunch in the hospital cafeteria we chatted and...
remember my sleep-deprived night?...
I fell asleep at the table...
woke up and no one was around...
my FAMILY walked away from me!
his idea...
but I had a refreshing nap! :)

Saturday morning we were laughing as we were watching a movie...
the inhouse phone rang...
I was the closest so iIpicked it up...
it was the front desk asking if everything was ok...
I was 'missing' some lotion from where I thought I had placed it-
'impossible' said the front desk, we don't hire people like that-
well...it wasn't 'there' anymore-
too much for Paul...he was the 'front desk...'

I WAS 'CAHOOTED'...(a movie phrase)!
I do love my brother! :)

I looked high and low for the lotion...in my suitcase and any other place...no lotion...
Monday morning I cleaned out my suitcase...
the VERY LAST THING that came to light?
my lotion!!
I apologize for all my 'jumping to conclusions'...

Thursday evening we ate in the inhouse dinning room...interesting experience!  The food was a mix of American and mostly Chinese with a Japanese server who talked barely passable english but was all smiles and service. It wasn't the star buffet but it was a good conversation subject... :)

Saturday afternoon sista Rhoda got a call from home that her husband had collapsed and was hospitalized. We immediately left for home, empowered by Ed's prayer of protection and hugs from everyone. God blessed us with a safe drive home even though it rained all the way.

sista lil, this is for you...

In our pleasure to be together you were in our thoughts and conversations...constantly! We wished you didn't have to have this surgery but we did not want the other alternative, either. We want you in our lives for many years! Sometime, I hope you can read this little bit of journaling and 'live' this piece of our lives while we waited as your heart was being repaired. You had a small army of people surround you that day...people who love you and cared so much for you they took the time to come to Cleveland and wait with you those days. I love you!


ox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thank you for taking the time to do so!